Tuesday, 29 November 2011

King Kevin

Sure it's taken him longer than we'd of liked for him to get his first goal at Upton Park but boy he didn't half do it by measures? A cracking left foot volley that even Matty Taylor would be proud of set us on our way to victory on Saturday but again, like I've said before, the growing animosity towards the man is unsettling. Not just for Nolan himself but for other fans who knew he was capable of scoring goals like he did on Saturday. Nolan is industrial, he's strong and he scores goals and it'd sure be a shame if he turned around and asked for a move because he didn't feel welcome. You only need to look at his goalscoring record a couple of seasons back when Newcastle were in the Championship to see just how valuable the guy is.  More importantly, I don't think Allardyce has found the right role for him yet. Some will say that he's too slow to be playing in the middle of the park and I for one agree with that especially as on the counter we leave ourselves vulnerable it'd be wrong to play him there arguably he could be deemed too slow to play in behind Cole to support him. I say let the captain find his feet and in time, he'll more than justify his price-tag and wages. With the likes of Taylor and co recovering from injury I'm sure his game will improve. Just a thought to consider, if he does go 'missing' in a game as some have pointed out, sing and cheer for him rather than abusing him, might just gee him up.

No comments:

Post a Comment