It would seemingly appear that after last week's disappointment of missing out on Craig Mackail-Smith we've gone into hiding. Still the rumour mill turns and low and behold we have once again been linked with Joe Cole, a player who I personally would love to see back at Upton Park however, it is well documented that his wages are ridiculously high and therefore in my opinion putting us immediately out of the race to sign him. I fully believe that for a couple of seasons at least we have got to forget about making any further big name signings before we put the financial future of the club at serious risk. Parker, Green and Cole all remain for now however Cole looks increasingly likely to leave with QPR and Stoke reportedly tabling £6m bids to secure his signature. Parker once again linked with Spurs however with them having to sell before they buy it too is looking likely that they are set to miss out on Parker with Aston Villa showing a keen interest in our captain. With a £10m bid by Fenerbahce accepted (which Parker rejected as he doesn't want to uproot his young family) it would appear to be unlikely that we will let him leave for anything less than that. As I stated last week even though there is just under two months to go until the end of the transfer window I'm becoming frustrated at the lack of movement within the market. We have let eleven first team players leave and so far signed two replacements - that fact alone shows that progress is slow.
Allardyce has handed trials to former Bolton player Joey O'Brien and Polish defender Hernani da Rosa, both in their mid-twenties I feel that they would bolster the squad and therefore both be good signings. O'Brien having worked with Allardyce before I should imagine will be keen to link up with his former manager. However in the way of transfer news that just so happens to be about that. Dissapointed and frustrated at the lack of movement in the market is many a West Ham fan however I am sure things will soon pick up and Allardyce's vision for Upton Park will soon become clear. Until then we can only imagine, speculate and guess as to who will be wearing Claret and Blue next season. Names such as Cole, Bellamy and Davies will fly around all summer and as per usual I feel none of those will sign on the dotted line. I hope I am proved wrong, COYI!
No comments:
Post a Comment