It's the second of July and with just under two months to go until the transfer window ends and yet I still end up finding myself a little frustrated. After a cracking start to the summer which saw us capture Nolan and Faye our efforts in signing players appear to be dwindling. I can't help but feel the Cole/Green/Parker saga will drag out over the whole summer with the three of them eventually leaving on deadline day or agreeing with the club that they will stay until January and then be allowed to leave if the club is not meeting it's high expectations. I'd of thought Big Sam would of wanted his targets signed, sealed and delivered by pre-season so he had the whole summer to work with the squad but that does not appear to be the case.
Players such as Faubert who are on the way out of the club will raise transfer funds which we need to spend appropriately. Gone are the days of Dyer, Bellamy and co which is why I'm happy to see that a player such as Max Gradel has been targeted - a proven Championship player voted Leeds' Player of The Season 2011 he has displayed that he has the qualities to survive in the Championship. Sadly it would appear that we have missed out on the signing of Craig Mackail Smith which is a real shame in my eyes. Fantastic goal scoring record in League One caught the eyes of many clubs and it looks like he will sign for Leicester next week. What have they got that we haven't? Reports linking us to Matty Taylor have died down along with rumours of Kevin Davies strutting his stuff at Upton Park, both in my opinion would be very good signings offering us experience and quality upfront and in midfield. However especially the latter I cannot see them signing, they both have a few years left in the tank and both have what it takes to play at Premier League level and I'm sure they both would be wanted by other clubs and not just West Ham.
Pablo "World Cup Wonder" Barerra has had another fantastic tournament shining in the Gold Cup for Mexico. I just hope he can continue this form and take it into next season when we will need it the most. Promising youngsters Tombides and Turgott have been in good form for their countries indicating that we are still producing fantastic Youth talent which bodes well for the future of the club. I'm looking forward to the remaining two months of the transfer window because potentially it could be a good time for the club. Replacements for Parker and Co need to be signed before they are sold otherwise I have bad visions of us scrambling on deadline day paying over the odds for players we could of signed weeks before. Still as always I remain optimistic and convinced that there are good times to be had at Upton Park next season.
No comments:
Post a Comment