This afternoon I've read, heard and seen some totally ridiculous suggestions that Nolan's gone downhill, not the player he was and that we've been 'ripped off'. Are you having a laugh? These are the same people that were praising him and Allardyce a couple of months back when he signed on the dotted line. How fickle do you want to get? He's our captain, arguably our most accomplished player and like every other player needs time to settle in and find his place etc. He'll find his shooting boots and goal scoring form from a couple of seasons back when he led Newcastle straight back up. In fact, I think i've hit the nail on the head, Nolan isn't a midfield player he's more of a striker and maybe that's where we should play him, upfront with Cole rather than alongside Noble/Collison. Give him time rather than slagging him off after 6 games, he'll prove you wrong, I know it.
Follow me on Twitter @MusingsofMoore
No comments:
Post a Comment