Sunday, 21 August 2011

Keep it up!

In what has been an unusually good week for us Hammers it could yet get even better with a win over Leeds this afternoon. However Leeds are considered, by many, to be our real bogey team rather than Bolton. We haven't won in any of the last seven encounters between the two sides and we have only beaten them once in the last twelve meetings between the side, not looking good eh? As ever though I'm remaining optimistic, two away wins on the trot and two clean sheets is certainly positive and with the home support on our side this weekend I'm confident we can get a result. Leeds will have Howson (a player I earmarked as a potential signing way back) and Gradel another player who earlier on in the window was linked with a move to Upton Park back from suspension. On the other hand we have John Carew looking to make his Hammers debut after joining on a free from Aston Villa. More importantly it will be interesting to see what kind of line-up we use this afternoon. Allardyce came under a lot of stick after the 1-0 defeat to Cardiff at home on the opening day for using the defensive looking 4-5-1 however a tweak to the formation later and we've beaten Doncaster and Watford so who knows? Maybe we'll see 4-4-2 or with a bit of luck, I know it's a long shot, my favoured 4-1-2-1-2.

How do I think we'll line up?

Green

O'Brien Tomkins Reid Illunga

Collison Parker Noble Taylor

Nolan

Cole

That being said it's possible Big Sam won't want to risk Illunga at left back against Leeds's danger men of Snodgrass, Gradel and Howson and so might move Taylor to left back, Collison over to the left and bring in Barerra to fill the void at right mid. But hey, that's what I'd do and I'm sure many others will have different opinions including Big Sam himself. I fully expect Carew to come off the bench and make his debut with about 20mins to go. Prediction? I'm going for 3-1 West Ham but it won't be easy we'll need our big name players en song. Come on You Irons!

No comments:

Post a Comment