With A-Levels comes a sudden influx on Homework which I certainly didn't anticipate and on my night off from writing about Macro-Economics I thought I'd return to what I do best: rambling on about my beloved West Ham. An interesting to say at the least win against Portsmouth at the weekend left a lot to the imagination, defensively we were the weakest we've been for a long time however going forward was a totally different matter. Much like Stevenage's attitude at the Lamex last night our mentality seems to be attack, attack, attack and if you score, we'll score too. Yes it worked on Saturday but will it work against the likes of Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea if we get promoted? I don't think so. Lansbury was impressive and if he keeps that up will certainly be pushing for a place in Arsenal's team next season and if I'm to be totally honest, I'm surprised we've managed to get a hold of him after an excellent season for Norwich at the same level last season. I would of thought that Premier League clubs would of come knocking for sure however, to our advantage they didn't and we've got one of England's promising talents for the rest of the season. Our signings on deadline day impressed me to say the least: Demel an international, Bentley with a point to prove, Lansbury looking to push into the Arsenal team I think it's fair to say we've signed players who've been there and done that. Allardyce knows what he's doing and if it all comes together - we're going to have one hell of a squad next season.
Millwall at the weekend, and I'm sure this doesn't need to be said, is a massive game. Win it and that'll be three games we've won on the trot loose and well ... we've got a problem. Not to mention we'd of lost to our biggest rivals which will be of large detrimental effect to the teams confidence but it will also ruin our rather tasty looking away record. I won't write a preview for the game as it's only Wednesday, so in true Arnie style, I'll be back - nearer to the weekend with a preview.
Twitter: @Daniel_Speller
2 comments:
Beat Millwall and that is 4 out of 4 on the road, pretty impressive, I do not see Millwall as one of our biggest rivals but it will be tough though a defeat is ot the end of the world, as to can we hold our own against Man U etc, let's wait until next season, Inthink we will get better and better as the season goes on
You're right it's not the end of the world but I'm sure it'll knock confidence pretty badly. I agree with you again with experience we will get better and better - got to remember it's only Allardyce's sixth competitive game in charge and that he's still learning.
Post a Comment